Telemarketing can be hard at the best of times. Saying hello to a person who has specifically asked not to be called isn’t the ideal introduction. Doing so puts you and what you have to say on the ba…
No need to say sorry
Telemarketing can be hard at the best of times. Saying hello to a person who has specifically asked not to be called isn’t the ideal introduction. Doing so puts you and what you have to say on the back foot and often means you have to say sorry. If nothing else, it does NOT leave a very positive impression does it?
Sometimes however, sorry is just not enough.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has issued an enforcement notice ordering one overly active telemarketing company to stop making nuisance calls. The move comes as it was discovered they had made unsolicited marketing calls to people who had registered with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS), Corporate Telephone Preference Service (CTPS) or who had directly asked not to be contacted. The ICO had received just 144 concerns about the company over an 18-month period, probably a fairly insignificant percentage of the total number of calls made during that time.
With 20,000 companies each month registering for one or more of these preference services, the risks can be significant but the solution is as usual pretty simple. To do things properly just make sure your data has been cleansed and checked against the appropriate suppression files before you start making the calls.
It’s something we do each time we select or ship data. We do this and on-going suppression checking all the time. Why not speak to your Corpdata Account Manager or visit https://www.corpdata.co.uk/other-services to find out more about our data cleansing and enhancement services.
In addition to any legal consequences, phoning people who have registered that they don’t want you to call also invites reputational damage not only from the wider world but if your own people are always having to retreat and say sorry which if it does become a habit will do little for their motivation or morale.
Keep your telesellers positive by ensuring they never come to expect they may break the law.
Closer Look: Corpdata Business Premium
Corpdata Business Premium remains the ‘crème de la crème‘ of large coverage UK B2B files. Our telephone research team keep polishing our Business Premium database of 300,000 of the UK’s top businesses giving an almost universal coverage of organisations with more than 25 employees.
Offering real targeting choice each organisation has up to 13 different named decision making contacts. We continue to ask those questions to discover the detail about the organisation, the decision maker contacts on site enabling you to perfectly target the right people in the right organisations, ensuring your sales or marketing message gets in front of more of your future customers to be.
Exceptionally high quality, up to date and detailed information is guaranteed when you choose Corpdata Business Premium, all sites researched on a rolling cycle to have an average data age of 94 days, alleviating any wasted money and effort.
Business Premium is searchable by:
• Geographic • Decision maker • Head office • Industry • Employee size • Email address • and more
Decision Maker • Senior • IT • Financial • Marketing • Health & Safety • Purchasing • Personnel
• Facilities • Fleet • Networking • Call Centre Manager
The Smart Choice
Let us help you see the bigger picture... perhaps even a 47 inch picture ! The bigger picture is that the more accurate, up to date and detailed your marketing list, the more clearly you will see the best results from your marketing campaigns.
During October, making the smart choice to buy your mailing list from Corpdata not only lets your campaign connect to more of the right people, doing the right jobs within the right organisations. Not only this, but if you do make a qualifying order during October you could win your company a SMART TV (see terms and conditions):
1. ‘Data Cost’ is defined as the total net value of the products purchased from Corpdata in a single transaction, before the addition of VAT
2. An order is a single order. Single orders cannot be combined or aggregated.
3. To qualify, payment must be made within terms of the invoice.
4. To qualify orders must be placed between 09:00 October 1st 2014 and no later than 17:30 October 31st 2014.
5. ‘Qualifying orders for Smart TV Draw Entry’ are orders with an ‘Order Value’ of greater than £450 and less than £3,500. For each whole £450 of ‘Order Value’ you will receive one entry into the draw to win a ‘LG 47 inch Smart TV’.
6. ‘Qualifying Orders for a 32 inch LG Smart are orders with an ‘Order Value’ of £3500 or more but under £4500.
7. ‘Qualifying Orders for a 47 inch LG Smart TV are orders with an ‘Order Value’ of £4500 or more.
8. At time of launch the 32 inch TV is LG model number 32LB580V, the 47 inch TV is LG model number 47LB580V. Corpdata retains the right to substitute an alternative but similarly specified product.
9. Any qualification for a TV via qualifying order (see above) or via the prize draw is made by Corpdata Limited to your company. Should you qualify you must confirm in writing that you are receiving the Smart TV on this basis.
10. These offers cannot be used in conjunction with each other or any other offer or discounts
11. The draw will take place in the week commencing 10th November 2014. The winner will be notified within 5 working days of the draw. The Smart TV’s will be shipped during week commencing 15th December 2014.
12. There is no cash alternative or any option to exchange for an alternative item.
13. Only people who quote the relevant references ‘SMART’ at the time of ordering will be eligible for this offer, they cannot be quoted retrospectively.
- all rights reserved
Corpdata Ltd Corpdata House Den Crescent Teignmouth Devon TQ14 8BQ