How to Increase your B2B leads using bought in lists
Posted on 14/03/2017 at 09:00By Corpdata
If you don’t have the time, expertise or resources to generate or grow your own lists, one particularly easy and comparatively cost-effective way of reaching a large number of potential customers is…
If you don’t have the time, expertise or resources to generate or grow your own lists, one particularly easy and comparatively cost-effective way of reaching a large number of potential customers is third party contact data. In this post we’ll talk you through some basic checks before buying third party data to ensure that you’re purchasing compliant, high-quality data.
1. ICO registration In the UK, any person or corporate entity in possession of personal data should be registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). A free, 30 second check on the ICO website will confirm that your supplier is a registered data controller.
2. Guarantees Although it’s impossible for any data supplier to ensure 100% accuracy, the guarantees offered before purchase can be a good indication of the supplier’s confidence in their product. Look for promises to replace or refund “gone away” or inaccurate records.
3. Where is the supplier? Look for suppliers domiciled within the same legal jurisdiction, to ensure that compliance isn’t an issue - external regulatory zones can have significantly different, often far less stringent data regulations. Importing data can be legally challenging and ultimately, you will be held responsible if your marketing is in breach of local laws.
Who owns this?
4. Data ownership, permissions Ensure ownership, contact methods and frequency are clearly defined in writing before any data transfer takes place.
5. Cost If it seems too good to be true, it often is. Expect to pay between 10p and £1 for safe and legal B2B contact data, depending, of course, on age, the number of fields required, seniority, company size and other meta information.
6. Age and Collection Method How was it generated and how old is it? Seemingly simple questions, but very important when attempting to understand the provenance of data. You might seek to understand the research methods employed by a supplier, the number of staff they have, and even ask to audit a few records. As new GDPR legislation comes into force, compliant companies will need to be able to provide call records and more. The more time you have to work with your supplier and investigate, the more you can understand the quality of what you’re buying.
7. Range of Information Does the data provide enough information (other than simple contact details) to allow you to filter and target as you wish, for optimal campaign performance?
8. Sample Data Once you have a clear idea of who you’re trying to reach, reputable data providers can offer valuable advice in terms of how to target and select these people - they will normally be happy to count how many suitable prospects they have in their databases and provide small samples for you to get a good idea of what you’re buying.
Happy Birthday Corpdata
Posted on 01/03/2017 at 10:04By Corpdata
We have a long record of enabling businesses to find new customers efficiently. By using our accurate and up to date UK B2B data, literally thousands of companies, from the smallest start-up to house…
For 25 years Corpdata has been leading the way in UK B2B marketing data.
We have a long record of enabling businesses to find new customers efficiently. By using our accurate and up to date UK B2B data, literally thousands of companies, from the smallest start-up to household names, have enjoyed exceptional results.
They say ‘imitation is the sincerest form of flattery’, and we are indeed flattered by how many marketing data companies have changed, or been created to use a similar approach to ours.
But they also say ‘all that glitters is not gold’. Don’t be fooled by cheap imitations. We can offer our 2 for 1 guarantee on our UK B2B data, only because we telephone each record on a rolling cycle, ensuring our data is the most accurate you can find.
Our experienced data consultants will be delighted to work with you to identify exactly the right target audience for your campaign. Call us now on 01626 777400 to see how we can help you.
25 years and proud to be the UK’s leading source of B2B data.
2017 - 2018
- all rights reserved
Corpdata Ltd Corpdata House Den Crescent Teignmouth Devon TQ14 8BQ